TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup

Thread: Fed Cup
View Single Post

Old Feb 4th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #74
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Great win for Simona. Really impressive scoreline in that it shows she must have played her heart out to get the win against a very tough opponent. Ajla Tomljanovic has been zooming up the rankings and this was always going to be a toughy to get through. Very pleased.

It's looking like Romania may still have a small chance to get through. Alex needs to beat Martic now obviously and hopefully Romania can win the doubles against Croatia too. Portugal are obviously crap and will be a total formality tomorrow so really providing Romania can finish off Croatia, doable but not guarenteed, it will all come down to Croatia v Switzerland. Switzerland will be the favourites to win but Croatia could be tough in both singles matches and if Croatia could win, Romania just might squeak through. Longshot but let's hope.

I still think Raluca and Alex are Romania's best doubles combo out of the available players and I do wish Irina would try this combo but I'm not the manager.