TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup

Thread: Fed Cup
View Single Post

Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM   #68
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherbi View Post
Very disapointing loss, particularily the way it hapenned with Ioana not able to beat Sadikovic and with a weird choice for the doubles... Will Irina keep Ioana for the doubles or give Simona a chance?
Personally I think Olaru has too much doubles experience relative to the other girls on the team to leave her out of the doubles team. Yeah I'm not saying Raluca is that strong in doubles but compared to the rest of the team she definately has had the best results. Obviously Monica and Sorana are sorely missed when it comes to making doubles selection decisions but that's the way it is, doubles should have been Romania's strongest suit. But with the team as it is I think I would play Raluca in the doubles with Alexandra rather than Simona.

I also would strongly consider trying Simona in the number 2 singles spot after today. Simona had some really nice results indoors late last year beating Bychkova, Krajicek, Bremond and Kerber indoors. And given Raluca's performance today, I think Simona now deserves a chance to show what she can do in singles.