TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup

Thread: Fed Cup
View Single Post

Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 08:00 PM   #43
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
Good draw for Romania, Switzerland will be the toughest but I think we can win this group

Btw the winner of this group will play against the winner of Group A?
Thanks for all these pictures first of all. It looks like the girls are having some fun and bonding well. That's good. I hope they are playing some tennis as well.

I must admit when I saw Switzerland in the same group as Romania I wasn't as confident of Romania winning as you are. But having just taken a look at the lineup for the Swiss team, it actually does indeed look quite promising for Romania. Switzerland seem to be without both Bacsinszky and Voegele. That's about as hard a loss for the Swiss as Romania's loss of Sorana and Monica. But unlike Romania, Switzerland have pretty much no depth to compansate. Worth noting that despite the loss of probably their two most important players, Romania is still the only country to field a team made up entirely of players ranked 250 or better. That really does say a great deal about the depth of Romanian tennis at the moment. In contrast Switzerland is basically Patty Schnyder and NO ONE else. Okay their number 2 is ranked 374 but I think Raluca should take care of her very easily. And Patty is coming off surgery so who knows what sort of shape she will be in.

The other two teams don't look terribly tough on paper either although as the host country I'm sure Portugal will be very fired up. Still Romania definately look to have a better chance than I thought they would when I first heard the bad news about Sorana and Monica. Fingers tightly crossed.