TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #715
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
AO Doubles R1

Chan/Niculescu d Adamczak/Kriz 6-3 6-1
On paper that looked like it was going to be a pretty easy match....and it was.

As for Monica's match against Jelena well it was a tough draw but Monica started pretty well and played a decent 1st set. The 2nd set was also more competitive that the score implied although obviously it could have gone a lot better. The good thing is a match like that helps provide insight into what a player needs to work on in their game. In this case I think Monica needs to find that middle ground where she can at times be more aggressive while not quite being as rash as she often was at other times. Monica also needs to work out how to develop her game in a way that takes her to the net more in the future as she is so good there. One day I hope to see Monica playing with a similar approach to what we see now from Martinez Sanchez and in time I do expect Monica to develop a more attacking game than what we see now.