Jan 6th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Vide cor meum
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 221b Baker Street
Fill-in-the-Draw #4| Hobart 2010 | Final scores| Congratulations KuzyIsNo1!!
Fill-in-the-Draw 2010 |#4|Hobart
2007:- : inlove:
2009:- FORZA PENNETTA & Poova
Playing F-I-T-D is simple and only takes a few minutes per week. Here is what you need to know:
1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.
2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!
3) You must post your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.
4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". Writing down the winner's name only is allowed, but it might make things confusing for us and you may lose points as a result, so please try to post as specified.
Please post players' full names, not nicknames.
5) Picks can be altered only if a seeded player withdraws after you have made your original prediction. Again, new draws will only be accepted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. You cannot alter your picks if the player who withdrew was not seeded.
6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! (any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)
7) Please keep your picks as your own and DO NOT copy and paste other poster's picks. If you do this this will be taken as cheating and your picks will not be counted.
8) If the qualifiers are still unknown when posting your picks you may add them as "Q" or "QUALIFIER". It would be really helpful if you could give each qualifier a number (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4). This is essential if two qualifiers have to face each other as you will have to specify which qualifier you pick to win (e.g. Q1 def. Q2). If you do not do this, that particular pick will not be counted.
9)You will not get points if the player has a bye in first round.
10) Scoring is based on the WTA ranking points for each round of a pro tournament: for each player you predict correctly into the next round, you receive the points for reaching that round.
Example: International Quarterfinals
Kirilenko def. Petrova
Wozniacki def. Chakvetadze
Schnyder def. Peer
Zheng def. Dulko
The actual winners are Zheng, Kirilenko, Wozniacki and Peer.
You will get 130 (points for reaching semifinal) x 3 = 390 points.
11) Your ranking will come from the tournament that gives you the most points.
12) The ranking points will be awarded according to a chart: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=326409.
Only the 17 best tournaments will be counted. You can find the full rankings here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364687.
The Race to the Championships is available here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=365258
Feel free to ask questions! Good luck and have fun!
"A cook? And a man who lives in a bear's finger!?"
Last edited by watchdogfish : Jan 16th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.