TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Others' tributes to Steffi Graf!

View Single Post

Old Jan 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #12
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Others' tributes to Steffi Graf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
It's not that hard to believe, after all the best description of Steffi's court demenour was that phrase (by Pam Shriver IIRC): "She plays like she is double-parked". Despite my love for Sabatini, I'm pretty much like that myself
About Steffi's career mentioned in a previous post, I don't really remember her being that injured in 1991-1992; if she was, they were pretty minor injuries as they were not mentioned back then as a reason for her being surpassed by Mónica Seles and pretty much on par with Sabatini between US Open 90 and US Open 92. Mónica was the dominant player,period.
Like you I dont know where this nonsense that she was injured in 91/92 is coming from. She was definitely more vulnerable mentally than she had been before but that had a lot to do with the fantastic tennis that Seles was playing. Graf was a well oiled machine,if she had been injured she would have pulled out of events. The fact she didnt displays that she was not suffering from significant injuries at this time.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote