TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tournaments 2009~2010

View Single Post

Old Dec 29th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #21
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Costa Mesa Intercollegiate Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Quarter Finals

Aboubakare (Brown) def. Zamudio (UC Davis) 4-6,6-2,6-1

Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Lee (Cal Poly) 6-4,6-2

Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) def. Radeva (Cal) 6-3,6-3

Finals

Angelina Jogasuria vs Angelika Jogasuria

The twins will battle each other.

Akron has Zaruhi Harutyunyan at #1, she did well at the Riviera, who will be reinforced well by 3 freshman. The Jogasuria twins from Indonesia plus Prang Pantusart of Thailand who had an ITF ranking high of #173.

Akron's #2 & #4 singles from last year in addition are also returning. This should make Akron the favorites to win the Mid-American over Western Michigan and Miami-Ohio, who got #1 singles Monica Gorny poached by Duke and lost their head coach to Maryland.
Watching them all yesterday I thought that Radeva might lose, but wasn't prepared for this one;

SF Angelina Jogasuria d. (1) Bianca Aboubakare 6-4; 6-1

maybe Aboubakare couldn't recover from the exertion of winning against Zamudio

Double J's are really good, they're technically quite sound, have nice drive (not that powerful, but pretty fast and accurate), and agile too..we'll hear more of them in the future, I guess.
By the way I wasn't that impressed with Gorny, she did win against Rachael White at WAATC..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote