TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Greek Fed Cup Team

View Single Post

Old Dec 29th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #35
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greek Fed Cup Team

Update!
The Europe/Africa Zone Group format has changed
Instead of two groups of three teams, there will be two groups of four teams
Bulgaria has been promoted to Group I, so we won't have to worry about playing against them, and then they moved up Liechtenstein, Finland, and Norway to Group II. And everyone moved up a spot in the seeding since Bulgaria was the top seed, so we we will play one match against either South Africa or Luxembourg, hopefully Luxembourg, then one against either Armenia or Norway, and one against either Finland or Liechtenstein. The top two teams from each group move on to the promotional play-offs, and then the bottom two teams from each group move on to the relegation play-offs, although I doubt we have to worry about that, because our "B" squad should be able to beat Armenia/Norway and Finland/Liechtenstein, although Emma Laine could be tricky for our "B" squad . Either way, I doubt we'll have trouble against those teams especially since Eleni will probably play (and we'd beat them without Eleni, but we need Eleni for South Africa/Luxembourg). Anyways, we should move on to the promotional play-offs with ease, and then we'd most likely face either South Africa/Luxembourg (whichever team isn't in our group) or Georgia.

Anyways, I just wanted to update you guys about the new format

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote