TennisForum.com - View Single Post - News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

View Single Post

Old Dec 16th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #41
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Victoria Azarenka Enters Family Circle Cup

Azarenka to Make Second Appearance at Family Circle Cup

World No. 7 Victoria Azarenka has officially entered the 2010 Family Circle Cup. Azarenka joins former World No. 1 Maria Sharapova, current World No. 4 Caroline Wozniacki, and 18-year-old American standout Melanie Oudin as a world class player field begins to assemble on Daniel Island to mark the tournament’s 38th consecutive year and 10th year in Charleston.

“At only 20 years old, Victoria Azarenka is one of the most exciting players on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour,” said Eleanor Adams, Family Circle Cup Tournament Manager. “She has accomplished so much in her brief career, and established herself as a contender in any event she enters.”

Originally from Minsk, Belarus, the Scottsdale, Arizona resident began the 2009 season as the World No. 15 player and posted very strong results throughout the year. Azarenka reached the fourth round at the Australian Open, quarterfinals at both Roland Garros and Wimbledon, the third round at the US Open, and she also captured the first three singles titles of her career at Brisbane, Memphis, Miami, and respectively. In addition, she qualified for the year-ending championships for the first time in her career. She achieved a career high ranking as World No. 6 on October 26th, 2009, and notched the highest year-end ranking of her career a week later as World No. 7. She currently owns a 182-85 singles record and has surpassed $3.5 million in career earnings through the end of the 2009 season. Azarenka has her own web site at www.AzarenkaTennis.com.

Azarenka made her Family Circle Cup debut as the tournament’s No. 13 seed in 2008, earning a 2-1 record by reaching the third round.

“I had so much fun competing at the Family Circle Cup and I really enjoyed Charleston when I was there two years ago,” commented Victoria Azarenka. “I’m looking forward to beginning my clay court season on Daniel Island this year.”

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages...215135348.html
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote