TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The much-maligned Miss Tracy Austin

View Single Post

Old Dec 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #10
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: The much-maligned Miss Tracy Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCP View Post
She's not nearly maligned enough IMO....j/k Surely she's a bit of a pantomime villan? She just seemed a bit protected and wet (while ruthless at the same time if that's possible) I have warmed to her in recent times and like her commentary.

As for whether she could have taken her game to the next level in the mid 80s- her greatest strength was that mind and determination- but agree that she would have to beef up that serve. Her game is stiffer and more inflebile than Chris's but she was pretty handy at the net when she got up there. Also maybe her (lack of) height would be a problem?
I dont know if the height issue would have been so significant to be honest. As an athlete I am in no way comparing her to Henin but look at what the latter has achieved in the most powerful era. It is great to hear her getting some overdue praise, and I guess it would be interesting to hear what peoples favourite Austin match was. For me it has to be the Open final against Martina in 81.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote