TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1

View Single Post

Old Nov 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #25
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Wisconsin Milwaukee Names Sean McInerney New Coach

Local pro has had sucess at both DSHA and MSOE

Oct. 14, 2009

MILWAUKEE - Sean McInerney has been named the new women's tennis coach at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Director of Athletics George Koonce announced today.

McInerney has served in a wide variety of tennis-related capacities across the Milwaukee area in recent years. He spent the past year as head coach of the men's team at the Milwaukee School of Engineering and has been the head coach of the girl's team at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School since 2004. He has also been a tennis professional in the state for the past 11 years.

"I am very excited to be given the opportunity to lead the UWM women's tennis program," McInerney said. "The athletic program at UWM has a long and rich history of success and I hope to add to that tradition over the years. I am also excited to start working with such a wonderful group of women and hope to maximize their game through raising the level of expectations, communication and hard work."

"We are very excited to have Sean join our staff as the tennis coach," Koonce said. "He has a proven track record of developing successful tennis players and in directing his teams to great success. He will be a great leader for our student-athletes and will work very hard to take our tennis program to a new level of success."

At DSHA, McInerney has helped his team finish in the top four of the final state Division I rankings in each of the last four seasons while also working to coach and develop three of the last five Wisconsin doubles champions.

This past season at MSOE, McInerney led the program to its most wins in school history, boosting the team total from five before he arrived in 2008 to 14 in 2009.

McInerney has also worked extensively at a pair of local tennis clubs. He has been the director of tennis at the Mequon Country Club since 2003 while serving as the adult director at the Paley Tennis Center since 2006.

In all, McInerney has coached and developed 11 Division I tennis players and 13 state singles and doubles champions.

"I envision a team that works harder than anyone in the league and loves to compete on the court and in the classroom," McInerney said. "Getting this team to the next level will not be easy, but through hard work and a rejuvenated desire to win, it can be done. I am very determined to push this team to ensure they are the best they can be. We will compete for each and every point and, if we do this, we will achieve our goals over the next couple of years."

McInerney played collegiately at Carthage College, where he finished his career fourth on the school's all-time wins list and was a four-time all-conference selection.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote