TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

View Single Post

Old Oct 13th, 2009, 08:27 AM   #44
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisvideos View Post
I think the other baseliners had that little bit more power than Frankie - and so her slower game was easier for a solid consistent baseliner to handle. But I do imagine the slow junk balls and lobs she threw in often would have unsettled most of the S&V players. So I can see how this played out. As a baseliner I don't have much trouble with other junk ball type players.... so I can see why Evert dominated her. And I see a lot of S&V players struggling more against junk ball types.

Mind you, I would love to watch every Durr match no matter who she played so I am easily pleased in that regard. Pity there isn't any footage around of Lehane though. I would have liked to have seen some of her in action.
Funny I am a baseliner but in my Scottish league matches I thrive more against a target at the net- but I understand what you mean. It seems so odd that a woman who reached so many GS finals in Australia should have no footage. There must be somewhere. Hope you find some- but not the 67 matches when she beat Durr maybe!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote