TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

View Single Post

Old Oct 12th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #40
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jane Lehane O'Neill - Underappreciated or Over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisvideos View Post
Wow, I would have been in heaven watching the unorthodox stylists of Durr and Lehane matching up! Although I am shocked that Lehane had a 4-0 H2H in perhaps one of Durr's greatest years when Lehane was on the comeback trail after years of injuries! It's not that surprising in one way though, as Frankie did mention she had more trouble against similar baseliners eg. Evert, Richey, Melville etc than she did against the S&V stars of the day. She did seem to do much better against King, Casals, Wade etc.
Craig. I know it is a shock that she dominated Durr that year. I know what you mean, Durr really did struggle far more against the great baseline players. Even late in her career when she could barely get a game from Evert she was still able to defeat or threaten Navratilova. It is funny because you would have thought her unorthodox style would have unsettled rythmic players like Evert and Jones but this seldom seemed to be the case??
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote