TennisForum.com - View Single Post - BOMBSHELL: PENNETTA's interview without taboos on sex and doping

View Single Post

Old Sep 29th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #162
country flag tennislover

tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute tennislover has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL: PENNETTA's interview without taboos on sex and doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinak View Post
Calling a black person an "animal" can easily be construed as racist or offensive because this was how blacks were historically characterized by whites. It is either poor choice of metaphor or an indication that there's a hint of prejudicial attitude in Flavia, although it is obvious that Flavia isn't a bigot. We all have our small degree of prejudice in us if we're honest with ourselves IMHO.

I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion, but I do find that her choice of the words to be in poor taste.
I agree

She didn't want to offend Serena at all, in Italy we can say to someone "you are an animal" on a facetious note, but she should have chosen another word

Martina Navratilova

Most career titles (singles+doubles):Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles titles: Navratilova
Most Wimbledon singles and doubles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship singles titles: Navratilova
Most WTA Tour Championship doubles titles: Navratilova
tennislover is offline View My Blog!