TennisForum.com - View Single Post - BOMBSHELL: PENNETTA's interview without taboos on sex and doping

View Single Post

Old Sep 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #156
country flag Marty-Dom

Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute Marty-Dom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL: PENNETTA's interview without taboos on sex and doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
I think what Flavia meants is that Serena is physically very strong compared to her. But it was indeed a very poor choice of words...
I don't speak Italian, but I believe Flavia would never use a pejorative description of someone like Serena in a TV interview.
Someone in USA could say for example "she's a monster" and be paying a compliment to the person. Then that comment would get translated to another language and be misconstrued as an insult because "monster" has only one meaning in that language.
I think Flavia meant just that when she said Serena is an "animal". It could be translated as "monster" and the spirit of the comment would be clearer to Americans.
Marty-Dom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote