TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Suicide Tennis | Rules |

View Single Post

Old Sep 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #64
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suicide Tennis | Rules |

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's a bit more complicated. I like that retirements count in our game because that's the point of our game -- suicide, whether it benefits you or goes against you.

I'll hold out how I feel about it while more people comment.
It's not more complicated. 6-1 6-2 is not 1+2 but 12-3.
I just don't think that retirements has to be such an advantage.
Afterall sport is about winning and not cause of problems of the opponent.
If you make the same picks till the QF. Then SF's are 6-3 6-3 and 0-5 retirement and no pick left at the last day for both. Just won't be fair that the 0-5 wins, cause you're already lucky enough to survive that. And like I said, it would also eliminate the 6-0 0-6 6-0 as being better than 6-0 6-7 6-0.
I do agree that we count retirements for the game itself. 6-1 5-0 and retirement from the opponent would be fair to use the backup. A 1-6 0-5 retirement is so rare that we can't consider that as a disadvantage.

Retirements just shouldn't give you so much advantage as it is now.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote