TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Suicide Tennis | Rules |

View Single Post

Old Sep 24th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #59
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suicide Tennis | Rules |

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVAJ MKirilenko View Post
It's time we update the rule about how to decide the winner.

Lost sets.
As 2nd, lost games. I think we better can change it into biggest +.
If a player wins 6-1 6-2. That player gets +9.
In this case the players who win by retirement won't get the advantage anymore. They get 0 games lost when the opponent retires at 0-3. Even worst if it happens in the first game.
If someone retires when she's 5-0 up and you choose the player who is 5-0 down, you get a -5, instead of 5 games lost. You're already lucky enough that that player didn't lose a set or even the match.
In this way we won't have problem anymore with 6-0 6-7 6-0 is worse than 6-0 0-6 6-0.

Good idea?
I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's a bit more complicated. I like that retirements count in our game because that's the point of our game -- suicide, whether it benefits you or goes against you.

I'll hold out how I feel about it while more people comment.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote