TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Suicide Tennis | Rules |

View Single Post

Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 10:54 PM   #58
country flag Wedgie619

Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of
Re: Suicide Tennis | Rules |

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVAJ MKirilenko View Post
It's time we update the rule about how to decide the winner.

Lost sets.
As 2nd, lost games. I think we better can change it into biggest +.
If a player wins 6-1 6-2. That player gets +9.
In this case the players who win by retirement won't get the advantage anymore. They get 0 games lost when the opponent retires at 0-3. Even worst if it happens in the first game.
If someone retires when she's 5-0 up and you choose the player who is 5-0 down, you get a -5, instead of 5 games lost. You're already lucky enough that that player didn't lose a set or even the match.
In this way we won't have problem anymore with 6-0 6-7 6-0 is worse than 6-0 0-6 6-0.

Good idea?
I like the new way to calculate games... its very similar to the calculating game won v lost percentage (but much easier) which I think is fairer then just games lost
Semi/Quarter Finalist: YEC (09), Linz (07)/ Australian Open (09), Wimbledon (09)
Wedgie619 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote