TennisForum.com - View Single Post - tennis racquets recommendation

View Single Post

Old Sep 18th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #8
country flag RYNJ

RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: tennis racquets recommendation

I don't know why people are so against control-oriented rackets for beginners. I understand the don't use fed's rackets because its midsize, but you're telling him to play with an oversize? IMO, I would get a midplus racket. I think the Babolat Pure Drive (clijsters) or a Head Radical, those would be a good starter rackets, they are "tweener" rackets basically between control and power. The good thing about those rackets is that if you get better you may not need to switch at all, maybe just add some lead tape to add more weight . I don't like people starting off with oversize rackets because they tend to get lazy since they think they have more room to hit the ball and their form starts to suffer. My 2 cents =)

As far as string goes, synthetic gut around 55 LBS is should be fine. When you get better then maybe switch to poly or a hybrid of poly/syn(gut). As a beginner focus on proper technique/control first and power later =)

Last edited by RYNJ : Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:52 PM.
RYNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote