TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Casey Dellacqua cheering thread - Volume 1

View Single Post

Old Sep 18th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #5599
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Casey to return just before US Open

Dellacqua on the comeback trail

Melbourne,18 September 2009
Darren Saligari

Australian Open 2008 quarterfinalist Casey Dellacqua is on her way back to competition after a frustrating and injury-riddled 2009 season.

The fan favourite has been recovering from a shoulder reconstruction and is preparing to make her long-awaited return to the court.

“I've been pushing my tournament plans back a bit because I want to make sure that I'm 100 per cent ready to go when I do play my first tournament,” she said.

While Alicia Molik is making her singles come back this week in Darwin, Dellacqua has circled the Pro Tour events in Esperance and Kalgoorlie as her target events.

“I really need a lot of matches and some confidence, so they're going to be some great tournaments for me to play at.”

Dellacqua is hoping to get as many matches as possible under her belt to prepare her for the 2010 season where she will be aiming to claim her place in the top 100.

Watch an exclusive interview with Casey at caseydellacqua.com.au to find out more about her return to professional tennis.

http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/News....se&newsid=6226
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!