TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Dorothy Round Little - One of Britain's greatest champions

View Single Post

Old Sep 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #4
country flag chris whiteside

chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold chris whiteside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dorothy Round Little - One of Britain's greatest champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
I know she was a remarkable woman Chris- it was great to see her name at the International Tennis Hall of Fame when I was in Newport on Saturday. I am reading Fred Perrys new autobiography just now. What a year 1934 was- Perry and Round winning the singles at Wimbledon and the Davis Cup retained by Great Britain two weeks later. Those were the days my friend.............
Yes, unfortunately the AndyM result was so predictable although I was syrprised it was Cilic - I expected it to be Del Potro.

But wouldn't it be great to have a world class rivalry between Robson and Watson?