TennisForum.com - View Single Post - irish tennis

Thread: irish tennis
View Single Post

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM   #552
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

This thread hasn't been updated for awhile!

Irish Junior Championships finished today, congrats especially to John Morrissey who won the U18s on his birthday, I also think he won the 16s last year? John also reached the final of the East of Ireland last week, losing to Davis Cup player Eoin Heavey 64 62. He is progressing well.

Some of the results:

BS18 Final: John Morrissey [1] def. Ciaran Fitzgerald [2] 6-4 4-6 6-1
GS18 Final: Lynsey McCullough [1] def. Hannah-May Morrissey 6-1 6-4 Lynsey should enter some of the British 1oks, shes playing v.well this year.
GS16 Final: Sinéad Lohan [1] def. Grainne O'Neill [2] 6-3 6-4 I wonder why Sinéad didn't play Donnybrook or Rushbrooke?
GS14 Final: Megan McGreevy [1] def. Rachel Daly [3] 6-3 7-5

GS16 QF: Sinéad Lohan [1] def. Alison Clarke [7] 6-3 6-2 Pity for Clarke to meet Sinéad so early on

GS18 QF: Madeline Mortimore def. Emily Madill [4] 7-5 2-6 6-4 Madill doesn't seem to be playing well lately, Mortimore went on to get beat 6-0 6-0 by Lynsey in the semis

I was wondering about Bowtell and why she wasn't play here, but then I was reading the Irish Independent website and was suprised to see that she was in the Semi-Final of a Grade 3 in Portugal She defeated Britain's Jessica Ren in the QF in straights, which is a great win for Amy. She seems to be finally living up to her potential since Donnybrook She also reached the final of Grade 5 Rushbrooke.

On the Tennis Ireland website it says that Morrissey and Niland are Ireland's only two players in the US Open, so Sam Barry mustn't be going. He is on the entry lists for a Grade 2 USA and the Grade 1 CAN before the US Open, so he probably wont play them knowing he didn't get into US Open qualies?

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote