TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1

View Single Post

Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM   #21
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Former Tennis Pro Joins OSU Coaching Staff (OK State)

Former Tennis Pro Joins OSU Coaching Staff

Tulsa - A former professional tennis player who has competed in all four of the sport's grand slams is now an assistant coach at Oklahoma State. OSU head women's tennis coach Chris Young announced the hiring of Jamea Jackson Thursday. "I am very excited to welcome Jamea to the OSU tennis family," Young said. "Her experiences as a player will be a tremendous asset to our current players and future Cowgirls. I am thankful to our administration for their commitment to building a championship program, and this is another piece toward doing just that." Jackson rose as high as number 45 in the world rankings in 2006 and also represented the United States as a member of the Federation Cup Team. "I am excited to join the OSU tennis program," Jackson said. "I am thankful for this amazing opportunity and hope to be an asset to Coach Young as well as our current and future players." Her victories as a pro include the 2005 International Tennis Federation event in Tucson, and the 2003 ITF event in Dallas. Her best appearance in a grand slam event was a second-round appearance at Wimbledon in 2005, winning in straight sets over Marta Marrero and falling in the second round to top seed Lindsay Davenport. Jackson also owns some victories in singles competition against some of the greatest in the World, including Jelena Jankovic, currently ranked number four, Marion Bartoli (14th) and Maria Sharapova (49th).

I dont like the FORMER part...

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote