TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Aug 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #69
country flag MashaFanatic

MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice MashaFanatic is just really nice
Re: time to hire up a coach?

@ Summon : Not only when she loses . No, seriously, if she had won LA and Stanford, i would have thought the same thing. I think that since 2006 in fact. That she loses or wins isn't the point, she'll lose and win more and more, that's tennis and that's sport. She statistically made better than Ivanovic or some other top players during the last 3 months. So that's not the case : for me, her comeback is more successful than a failure.

But my point is the way she wins and the way she loses now : it's not an assurance for a long lasting carrer at the top, that's all. I still think she's limited not because of her lack of talent but because of her coaching entourage. Every fan here can at least recognize that she could have had a better carrer (i'm not talking about the injury), my point is that she would have had more slams, more weeks at the number one spot when it was a serious matter (before RG 2008) with a better coaching team. I'm really convinced of that, and when i hear what Joyce tells her during the last matches, i'm much more convinced.

I would have thought that her injury break would have forced her team to try to make her progress on other fields than power, but no : just a change of service motion (i don't say that's not a big change), and relying on the same thing that caused many injuries (not only the soulder) and forbid her to be able to dominate a tennis season : power shots and power shots. But that's my thoughts and fellings on the subject, not the ultimate truth . And it's not related to her results. For me, the ways you win is as important as wining, something her team doesn't seem to care.
MashaFanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote