TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Whitney Houston: One Year Anniversary of her passing

View Single Post

Old Aug 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #181
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whitney Houston: Million Dollar Bill- BRAND NEW SONG!!! (see first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo View Post
I had to give Million Dollar Bill a few listens but I really like this song. It has a different sound of sorts. I really wish Whitney would get back to her power ballads because that's really what set her apart from the pack. However, I realize her voice may not be strong enough for them anymore. Did Neyo write anything on this album? He such a good songwriter and would have wrote her a beautiful song.
Her voice just can't facilitate them anymore. The power-ballads were basically a showcase for "The Voice". Sadly The Voice is gone - but it's actually an opportunity for Whitney to go in a different direction. A less spectacular and understated ballad can say just as much as a really powerful one, and who is really doing them these days? I wouldn't expect I Look to You to be number one, but I hope it does well and that it offers some diversity to the charts.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote