TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tamira Paszek Articles and Interviews Thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #24
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamira Paszek News and Articles Thread

Going to get a lot worse. She had QF points at Montreal (or did those come off last week?), 2R points at the USO and then a final to defend from Bali. She'll be lucky to stay in the top 150.

Not sure what has happened to her, really. The talent is certainly there. So is the mental fight. I just think she was born about a decade too late. The game requires tall, muscular players these days. Tamira will always be at a disadvantage against the top players, and in order to compete with them, she actually has to hit with more effort than they do, to generate the same level of power. I fear that this has taken and will continue to take a toll on her body. She plays well in spurts, then goes through a littany of injuries. Earlier this year, she was headed in the right direction, with a great week in Miami followed by a great week in Ponte Vedra. Then she fell on her hand in Charleston, got sick, and her back problems worsened. Since Ponte Vedra, she's basically accomplished nothing.

She's still young, so there's hope. But, sad to say, like last year, 2009 has been a near total write-off.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote