TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Can you recommend me a good Tennis Racket/Racquet?

View Single Post

Old Jul 15th, 2009, 04:50 AM   #4
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which is better? Wilson K-Fury or Wilson nPRO Open

The best kind of racquet is one that complements your game.
If you are a flat hitter, you want a racquet that will help you generate some spin for consistency, e.g a racquet with an open string pattern. Conversely if you like to generate your own spin, you might not want a racquet that assists you with that.

If you can generate your own pace with good racquet head speed, you might want a heavier racquet with a smaller head, but if you need a racquet to generate pace for you and you're not swinging through the ball,a lighter racquet with a bigger head might be a better option.

If you like to serve and volley, play the net, your racquet needs will differ from a defensive baseliner.

From the specs of the nPro open, it seems topspin friendly. The weight is average and it is headlight so it should be easy to maneuver.

The K-Fury is very light, even-balanced, open string pattern and a midplus. If you are a beginner I would recommend the K-Fury, but I feel you will improve better with the nPro Open.
Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote