TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Jul 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM   #41
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharapower View Post
Summon, like Rerun has mentioned, compared to other players, who experienced the same kind of long injury-break, for example Kim Clijsters, Maria proves to be much more struggling to get back into form. There are benchmarks out there and Maria's not doing great for that matter, neither is she doing bad, just so-so.
I'm not saying at all that there's anything catastrophic in what we saw so far and I have no doubt that new coach or not, things will go improving. The question is how fast are things going to improve and if it's going all the way to coming back as GS-winner/World #1 material.
There are two aspects to mental toughness: fighting spirit and confidence. The first one is intact but the second one is not really there so far. That's where a coach can help a lot if s/he is the right person for the right player.
I get what you are saying, but I think you are missing my point. Why would you think that she isn't getting everything she needs right now from her current coach Michael. Like I said, just because she hasn't come back like Clijsters or Serena you assume there is a problem and want to fix it by getting a new coach.

When all I see is how that would be terrible to do coming back just after an injury break, if she wants to do it, she should wait, at least a few months before doing anything drastic. Having a big change after such a huge event in her professional life is IMO a bad idea.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote