TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #28
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
I didn't only mean professionally. And Mike was never just a hitting partner. Please get your facts straight.

And you have absolutely no answer to any of the questions I raised about how hiring a new coach can also be disruptive?
If I remember well since Lansdorp got fired (coz Yuri did not wanna pay him a right amount of money, a bit churlish indeed . even if then the two got close again to help Maria during the injury of 2007 ) they started to call Joyce coach but he started like sparring, like ex student of Bollettieri academy but to me a guy who starts like sparring is a bit unprepared to suddenly coach a top player like Maria. But behind him since the beginning has always been her father who is quite far from tennis scenario like background but who has always been a really foxy person, able to take the right decision for her daughter and to check that everything was going well.

This is the first time that seems she has really no one but Joyce on tour with her and this is the huge difference with the past. Before we used to complain coz she used to lose matches because of no idea of what was really happening on court, she was just an instinctive player who loved to hit the ball and that's all, but still with a whole equipe behind able to work for her on the right way.

As I said for me it's normal having problem on her serve, the same about the trust on her shots. Just I was disappointed about her shape and this for me is the only thing that is unjustifable right now because when u are off due to injury it's supposed you are working hard on part of your fitness that u can train

and this is what I wanna point out: I mean, this is obviously an useless thread, we are just fans and Maria of course doesn't care what fans think about it but still I think a capable and competent coach now it's essential to try to tidy up this condition that imo seems a bit confusional, messy
she doesn't need someone who teach her how to hit the ball now (well, she might need, but not for grandstrokes and not at the beginning) and someone who wanna change radically everything either...just a person that smart to understand how to handle the situation and took the best decisions for her

edit: my english is a bit crappy so I have to apologize, im writing long posts and Im not sure that everything is completely clear in what Im trying to say
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote