TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #19
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
In which part of my post do I talk about her ball striking?

You initially said that she looked slow out there and what I was trying to point out was that her footing on the clay and grass courts are not there at all. That's the reason why she appears slow..not necessarily because her fitness level is down.

And don't get me started on Maria's supervision. I think she's proven time and again that she knows exactly what she's doing and what needs to be done out there.
Im not a coach but footwork can be something u have naturally got or u can improve it working hard. Maria is not exactly a speedy gonzalez and she has always had problems on moving on clay but since the beginning the grass was a surface she felt comfortable playing on.
we saw her playing lately and damn she had problem even to reach a ball not that far from her, losing immediately her equilibrium and so her shots.
I can say this is something partially linked to a psychologic problem but not at all! So the question is: apart the shoulder recovery and the photoshoots that all us love, did she care about training the speed, the endurance, the ability to change direction.

Im sure Micheal joyce is not only a coach but also a friend but she can effort to hire another coach up without any problem
I think her father has a negative influence on her but still he was always ready to check that everything was gonna approached in the right way

and its true she won three slams but during wimbly 04 she was trained by Lansdorp and he coached her even during her stop due to injury in 07, so few months before Australian Open
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote