TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #17
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

I think some of you guys need to accept something, Maria has never been someone who wins 2/3 slams a year. The reason is that ever since 2004 (Zurich) she has so often had shoulder troubles, every year on the tour since then actually. Her body is just very fragile. Maybe now she can finally play a few years without a serious injury and that will make a difference.

But some of you are acting like she hould have won a "Sharapova Slam" by now, when that was just never even a real option.

I think she had done amazing so far with all the set backs.
I think the biggest problem for some fans is that like someone mentioned here, you were expecting Maria to come back like Justine or Serena did, she didn't. Doesn't mean anything.

Trying to explain or solve the situation by getting a new coach or changing her game would be IMO really bad at the moment.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote