TennisForum.com - View Single Post - irish tennis

Thread: irish tennis
View Single Post

Old Jun 21st, 2009, 01:51 PM   #517
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
Well, she's had more success and is more committed than any other girl in Ireland at the moment. Wozniacki is an anomaly - half Polish, and has always been coached by her father, not the Danish tennis association.

As for Tennis Ireland's setup, I'm pretty sure the funding they get from the Department of Sport is pretty dismal. I mean, a big deal was made when they got 1.5 million to build some courts near DCU while there's a 300m soccer stadium being built in Dublin. They've made more progress in terms of professionalism in the past five years than they did in the previous 15.
Maybe they have made more progress I'm not that old to remember, but 20 years ago Ireland did have a Top100 player, now they dont have even a top 200 player at ATP or WTA level. Although I think when Louk is injuring free he can definitely be Top 200 or higher, and Niland is playing very well lately too.

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote