TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #749
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Videos thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
she used to have so much drive in that forehand, like she could place the ball wherever she wanted... it was scary Now it's a good shot but not so great.
True.. her forehand was out of this world... now it's a good shot, but not as lethal. I guess the confidence or lack of it shows in the way she hits her forehand.. she is just hitting it with a lot less conviction now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
Actually i was thinking that in the slam finals she lost, Ana already showed signs of the problems that would hunt her later: ball toss and serve against Henin RG07, weak forehand and mental lapses after occasions lost against Sharapova AO08. It's like her best weapons were already her worst liabilities when she let her nerves dictate
You are right Luca.. some of the issues were already there, but she was strong enough to overcome them. Now it seems that they are stronger and she can't cope with it. It's all mental.. she needs to be able to be in control again.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote