TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Go Go Paula Ranger! - Paula Kania Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #7
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paula Kania Cheering Thread

Paula's biggest success is reaching the semifinal of The Summer Championships of Poland. She beat Monika Micał 6:1 6:2, Anna Niemiec 7:6(5) 6:2 and Anna Korzeniak (WTA 209 then) but lost to the eventual champion - Karolina Kosińska.

Article:

There was a big sensation during the quarterfinal of 82th Tennis Championships of Poland Radan Tur Gliwice Open. Fifteen year-old Paula Kania defeated nr 1 of the tournament - Anna Korzeniak.

The tennis player from Kraków was the favourite of the match. People only wondered how many games the teenager would win. The first set confirmed this assumption - Korzeniakówna played firmly and efficiently, she won it 6:2. But in the second set Kania began to set the trend to the match - so effectively that she won 6:1. It was similar in the third set. Paula was leading even 5:0. At the end she won it 6:2 and whole match - advancing to the semis.

The curiosity is that last year two ladies met here a year ago. Kania lost then 0:6 1:6 - But after the match I knew that I was able to equal her. Now I knew that Ania was beatable because she was not in her biggest form. I did not prepare any special tactics for this match. I just noticed that Korzeniak played weaker and I used her mistake. However, It doesn't mean she was an easy opponent. Nothing of the kind! I had to work very hard to win. The same fact that the match lasted three sets says that.

There is no doubt that Paula Kania is the young, tallented player. In this year she started also playing in the professional tournaments. In Toruń she won the first round and in two other tournaments she won the qualifications. Michał Ziomber is her coach - he took care of her when she was 7 and he still trains her.

__________________________________________________ _

In the first semifinal 3 seeded Karolina Kosińska faced Paula Kania who defeated Anna Korzeniak in the quarterfinals. Unfortunately Paula didn't play as good as a day before. The other fact is that she had a different opponent, more dinamic, being able to play hard, fast ball, neutralising the volleys confidently, just playing with no limits.

Paula Kania played too nervously, she rushed too much, she showed her weaker side of her tennis - defence game. When Paula played volleys or lobs Kosińska killed the ball by playing smashes. It happened to Paula that she made the double faults. Everything annoyed her so much that she was throwing her racket on the court. The efect was that she lost the match quickly - in 1 hour - but it doesn't change the fact that she's a developing player and worth paying attention.

Last edited by Caipirinha Guy : May 8th, 2009 at 09:50 PM.
Caipirinha Guy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote