TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Paula Kania - feisty sweetheart from Sosnowiec

View Single Post

Old May 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #5
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paula Kania Cheering Thread

Articles

Something to the Guiness' Book

This match will be a history of Krakowian tournament Salwator Cup. Paula Kania struggled 3h 35min against Julia Weliewa. Finally the Bulgarian won the match.

Pole in each set had an advantage of break but she managed to win only the second one. With sorrow in voice answered what she was lacking to win. - I can't finish off the matches that were actually won. It's in my mind. There's a bigger chance that I win a match when I'm loosing 1:4 than when I'm leading 4:1 - said Paula.

The long fight finished with the win of Julia 7:6(4) 4:6 7:5 - Was it the longer match in my career? I don't know myself - Kania was thinking.

- I lost also because I hadn't trained for the two weeks, but I came to try. I though: "maybe I will do it". Unfortunately, I didn't - added

__________________________________________________ ______________

Ursynów Cup articles

On 10k tournaments ranking not always tells all truth. But there was no place for misunderstandings at Paula Kania [915] and Magdalena Osterle [not ranked yet]. Pole, a year, four months and five days younger than the Austrian won five first balls and she felt good with such an advantage. Of course, sometimes she gave herself a rise to the small anger, but the most important is that after the last ball she could smile.

Kania doesn't equal Sarah Gronert neither ranking nor height nor power. But she has got more smartness and fantasy which help her to be on the good place and time on the court. Then you just need to put the ball in the inconvenient place. German - four seeded was looking for her dad-coach by sight, he tried to give her some advice but it helped only for a moment - for a one set. What did Paula say about the loss of one set? "I just wanted to play longer" - smiled. Now she will face Klaudia.

You could be sure to meet one Pole on saturday semifinals because Paula Kania and Klaudia Gawlik created the only quarterfinal polish-polish couple. They had met a several times until now but when they did it last time they - despite the young age - couldn't recall. Until today Klaudia won each match against Paula. But now it was the younger player who won in Ursynów. She rightly claims that this match is much more worthy than all those previous meetings. The semifinal of the professional tournaments sounds really nice.

Last edited by TeamUla : May 8th, 2009 at 07:50 PM.
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote