TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Greek Fed Cup Team

View Single Post

Old Apr 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #30
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greek Fed Cup Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post
wow so eleni won all her matchs
Yeah, and the most games she lost in a set was 3; 2 games maximum in doubles
Next year, we will be in G2 with Bulgaria, Georgia, South Africa and Luxembourg being among the tough teams. I hope Eleni can get back on track. Then, she is guaranteed to beat Tatishvili, Scheepers, Pironkova, and Minella/Schaul/Kremer in singles
And Anna's goal is top 100 by the end of they year, but that was her goal last year and she ended the year at 212 I think, but we'll see
I would put Anna at #1 singles next year if I could, only because she always plays better against higher-ranked opponents. This year she has won 6 matches(not including FC), but she has beaten Chan, Kerber, and Poutchek. She has also lost 8 matches to players like Gerards, Christian, Lee-Waters, ... But she has pushed Nakamura and Stevenson to 3 sets
Irini Georgatou has won 2 straight back-to-back titles on the ITF circuit and Despina Papamichail could break a record for 3rd highest Greek all-time on the ITF juniors rankings if she wins tomorrow. She is still eligible to play juniors in 2010 and 2011. And I think she was the 2nd 1993 girl to be ranked on the WTA tour (Larcher de Brito was first).

I definetely think we will be a favorite next year too

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote