TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Glta

Thread: Glta
View Single Post

Old Apr 13th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #41
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is anyone playing on GLTA tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryAnnAvants#1 View Post
What is the quality of players who are in these events? A friend of mine suggested entering the July event in my hometown of NYC since I play in USTA tournaments anyway, but the whole concept sounded a little ridiculous. It seemed like they might as well have asked me to compete in the Special Olympics. There's no physical or mental handicap to being gay. It's not as though I'm so distracted by dick that I'm unable to play a 2 out of 3 set match

If it's just supposed to be a fun and social event then that's one thing, but if it's a whole tournament of people being super competitive and trying to prove themselves as the best gay tennis player in the land...forget it.
from beginners in division D to a top college level in the Open division - you can find any level.
As tennisvideos said, these tournaments are a lot friendlier and there is more sportsmanship comparing to 'normal' tournaments, say USTA. And don forget about the players' parties which are a lof of fin!!! Go onto websites of tournaments and chek out the pics. One last thing - a lot of tournaments donate to charities, do some charity work locally (with youth, etc.). Sorry, but I don't know any 'normal' USTA tournaments that would do the same......