TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Glta

Thread: Glta
View Single Post

Old Apr 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #37
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is anyone playing on GLTA tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenus_2k8 View Post
Wow your such a great advertisment! Is everyone who plays in this league so rude and socially inept? Have fun with your socially divisive league, though God forbid one day people will just play sports for the fun, regardless of their sexuality
I think you hit the nail on the head ... playing for fun. One of the reasons the GLTA tour was set up was so that openly gay and lesbian people could play competitive tennis without being tormented by homophobic people - ie. other players, officials etc. This way they have a tour where they can be themselves, have fun, feel safe and not intimidated or threatened in any way. And it is NOT divisive as you mention, as there are many straight players who do play and they are all welcome. But homophobia is not welcome! And there is the key to the whole tour.

It means the tour is FUN, FRIENDLY, TOLERANT, and NON-THREATENING to all. Competitive tennis played in a more friendly way.

I played the so called 'normal' leagues for years and there was often very aggressive behaviour as well as a lot of homophobia - yes, so called straight men even bitching to other teams about our team being poofters etc. Well you know what, it gets tired. So we don't have any of that on our tour - we have fun, laughs, great tennis and as far as I am concerned it is probably as close to playing tennis in heaven as you can get.
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..

Last edited by tennisvideos : Apr 13th, 2009 at 09:01 AM.
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote