TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anna Kournikova cheering team..

View Single Post

Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM   #755
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anna Kournikova cheering team..

Anna Kournikova set on Miami

Anna Kournikova is looking good -- and doing good.
The 27-year-old former tennis pro will get up at the crack of dawn Sunday for the second annual Nautica South Beach Triathlon, benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
The half-mile swim, 19-mile bike ride and four-mile run don't worry her. Even though Kournikova hasn't played professional tennis in more than five years, she's still in terrific shape.
''I work out all the time,'' she said from the Sunset Island home she shares with boyfriend Enrique Iglesias (they met on his 2001 video for Escape). ``If I don't sweat every day, I feel weird.''
It would be understandable if the Russian beauty wanted to sleep in. It's been a busy month. She recently visited Haiti on a trip organized by global health organization PSI to help draw attention to the world's health problems -- malaria, AIDS, dehydration.
''It was very difficult, sad and emotional,'' said Kournikova. ``To think that people are living under these conditions so close to Miami. They bathe, eat and cook in a river -- with animals.''
Then came a trip to New York -- a little more fun. Activities included ringing the opening bell at the stock exchange (on behalf of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America), chatting with Rachael Ray on the chef's show (the episode airs 9 a.m. Friday on WFOR-CBS 4) and playing a mean game of beer pong with Jimmy Fallon on his new late night show. (She won, by the way; the classic clip's available on YouTube).
''It was really funny -- my first time playing,'' she laughed. ``I don't really drink beer so they gave me root beer.''
Root beer? C'mon...
'I don't really party. If someone comes to town, I'm like, `Let's go! Let's go!' ' she said. ``But [normally], I just go to the same five restaurants and Heat games.''
Um, that's already pretty well documented -- Kournikova doesn't exactly go unnoticed in her adopted hometown. Not that she minds being a local celebrity.
''I really love it in Miami. You realize how great it is when you go visit a place like New York -- it was so cold, haunting and loud,'' the Moscow native said. ``I like to get my fix of big cities and then come home . . . and walk down the street in shorts and flip-flops.''
Don't look for Anna lazing around, though. She likes to keep moving.
''I can't remember the last time I went to the beach and threw down my towel to lay out,'' she said. ``I get bored if I'm in one place too long.''
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote