TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Dianne Hollands

Thread: Dianne Hollands
View Single Post

Old Mar 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dianne Hollands

I suppose Dianne will play in those two 25K's (Bundaberg- ginger beer anyone?- and Ipswich) in Aus. Dianne should be fine on clay, she has experience on it from her time in Germany and she moves well too. She lists hard court as her favourite surface though, it's probably harder for her to hit winners with her forehand on clay. There are some local tournaments (not ITF) which Kairangi Vano and Shona Lee are playing but which Dianne has not entered, so I assume she is probably training instead. I know she said in an interview that she wanted to focus on playing close to home for a while, basically Australia and Asia, to save funds until she started making inroads. There isn't much happening in Australia and Asia until those two tournies I think.

Also, Chae, who beat Dianne in the Wellington futures, reached the final and lost in three sets. So once again Dianne lost to someone in good form.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote