TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Dianne Hollands

Thread: Dianne Hollands
View Single Post

Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:15 AM   #25
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dianne Hollands

Yeah, we'd like Dianne to win these matches, but of course that's the whole point of the tour being international, you have to beat these players from other countries, and you have to go to other countries. But it was unlucky of Dianne to draw Zhang the last two times, since she is one of the best players in these tournaments. But I think Di is up to the challenge. This week she has drawn the 5th seed, Chae from Korea. I saw Chae in practice and in a match in Auckland, she is a lefty with a very big but flat forehand. In practice, Chae's forehand is absolutely massive, but in a match she gets more conservative with it so I think Dianne's forehand will be just as big if not bigger, since Di has more spin. Chae beat Kairangi in 3 sets in Auckland, K had good chances. Her weakness is that her serve is a bit soft, and she is a bit out of shape, so her movement is a problem. So Dianne can move her around in order to win, I think. It will be tough but in my opinion not impossible, Chae is probably not as tough as Zhang. Hopefully.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote