TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Dianne Hollands

Thread: Dianne Hollands
View Single Post

Old Mar 17th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #16
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dianne Hollands

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
Di will face Alenka Hubacek in the 1R of $10K Hamilton.

If she wins, she may face Zhang Ling again.
Thanks danker. This is a really tough draw. Not only is Zhang in great form, having won the futures in Auckland last week, but even Hubacek is a very tough first round. She was one of the players I watched last week, she's young with a strong serve, good volleys, and a fair amount of power. Her coach, a woman who for some reason reminds me of Lleyton's mum, watches her matches and was videoing the match with a camera on a tripod. She seems to call her "Lenky" and she encourages her a lot. She lost in the third set tiebreak to the top seed, Sandy Gumulya, in a long match that took about three hours, and really could have won, but for a few naive decisions at big points. She had a good chance to go up a minibreak at a crucial time with an easy short ball but chose to dropshot instead of going for a regular winner (which would have been easily successful).

Quite frankly, if Dianne can get through these first two rounds she can probably win the whole thing. But these rounds are quite hard, probably among the toughest matches in the draw.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote