TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Dianne Hollands

Thread: Dianne Hollands
View Single Post

Old Mar 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #11
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dianne Hollands

She lost in the second round to Zhang in three sets, 6-1 3-6 6-1. I saw the last set, it was really her serve that let her down. Her grip seems to slip from continental to an australian grip (not quite a forehand grip) as she contacts the ball, so she can never really get spin on second serves. If she could just figure out how to improve it, she would do really well. Forehand looked great, lots of winners. Backhand was ok, even if a bit late. Zhang is a good player, has a strong serve and solid backhand. She is on the tall side. I think one of these Hong Kong girls might take the tournament, they seem technically quite good. I actually think if Dianne had managed to beat this girl she might have taken the tournament. Oh well, onto the next tournament.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote