TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Bettina Bunge

Thread: Bettina Bunge
View Single Post

Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:31 AM   #37
country flag WTT#1Fan

WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bettina Bunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Probably worth noting here that when Betina burst onto the scene as a 15-year-old, who toppled a seed at the U.S. Open -- believe it was Marise Kruger -- she was Peruvian. She represented Peru for a few years before switching to Germany. I was always under the impression that she grew up in Peru.

I was at that match and that's where I became a fan. I was wandering the outer courts around 8 at night and I stumbled upon the match. Here was this gorgeous blonde girl I had never heard of going toe to toe with a seeded player. I stayed to watch her and I never stopped.

Side note, and I hate to report this, but I've been told by reliable sources that she now plays for the other team.
WTT#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote