TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread)

View Single Post

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #383
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

I was just looking at the Hobart website and I came across this little bit about the match between Monica and Alona.
http://www.hobartinternational.com.a...s-out-schnyder
Quote:
No.7 seed Alona Bondarenko (UKR) survived a second set scare against Romania’s Monica Niculescu to make it through to the second round.

After starting strongly, the world No.30 lost her concentration in the second set allowing Niculescu back into the game. In the final set Bondarenko regained her composure breaking Niculescu’s serve and taking the match, 6-4 2-6 6-2.

“Yeah it was tough match, her game is really difficult. I’m just happy to win,” Bondarenko said after the match.

“In second set I lost my serve and started to be nervous a little bit … she played better, and then in the final set, I started better (than her).

She is good player … I think it’s not her best yet,” Bondarenko said.
Very nice words from Alona. It is good to see that the players respect Monica's game even if not all the posters on the tennisforum do. I particular like her words "I think it's not her best yet" which I think means that she believes Monica is still improving and her best tennis is still to come which I think is an opinion all of us in this thread share.