TennisForum.com - View Single Post - irish tennis

Thread: irish tennis
View Single Post

Old Jan 10th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #195
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: irish tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp View Post
And it's not like Romania is even that flush with cash to give to its sports organisations. I suppose it's better in the long term for Tennis Ireland to spend its money on new facilities and plane tickets to send players to tournaments. Also, upon closer inspection, both Lynsey and Mariyana appear to be clutching little envelopes aswell so maybe they got some kind of vouchers. I just hope to God they weren't for Boots.

Anyway, some good news from Australia:

Morrissey (IRL) / Chaudry (GBR) def. (WC) Howe (AUS) / Wagland (AUS) 6-4 6-4

Unfortunately their WC opponents were ranked outside the top 250, but still, a win is a win. They'll have to face the top seeds if they make the third round though.
I know this is the exact prize list:

Quote:
Homes for both men and women winners, cars for the RUs, free airplane tickets to competitions for #3 and computers for #4.
No wonder there is so many up and coming Romanian juniors with these type of prizees

Good win for Morrissey even if it is in doubles, that gives him 5 more pts for his ranking, as he only has won points in 5 doubles tournament. That should put him ahead of Sam Barry in the rankings, by 1 place or two Would also be a new career high for him. They might also win another round

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote