TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2009 Aravane cheering thread

View Single Post

Old Jan 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #23
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 Aravane cheering thread

Aravane won 63 62 but it wasn't pretty!!!

Gallovits played certainly on her lowest level of tennis, she couldn't put a serve in and hit 10 DFs - the final one was on MP :x. On the other side, Aravane wasn't that involved into her match, well Gallovits' bad play seemed to have put her off. She looked a bit lazy on the court I thought. She wad pretty much dictating rallies but in her old way, that is by overpowering her opponent from the baseline with heavy and deep groundstrokes. I prefer when she tries to go forward !
Another bad point: terrible break points conversion = 7/19 + 3 Sps missed on her serve at 5/2!

Well it doesn't matter much as it was obvious (and she probably felt it) that she would get through. So congrats Aravane, great week!!!!!!!!
Next: Dementieva/Peer.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote