TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kyra Nagy (hun)

Thread: Kyra Nagy (hun)
View Single Post

Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM   #28
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Kyra Nagy (hun)

By Alaric Gomes, Senior Reporter
Published: December 16, 2008

Dubai: Kyra Nagy has chosen Dubai to end her tennis career.

After going through her first round match with a fighting 7-6(5), 6-3 win against Irina-Camelia Begu on Tuesday, the winner of the inaugural competition here way back in 1998 has set her sights on making this tournament something special.

"I will try to take one match at a time and go as far as I can here because this tournament is so very special to me," Nagy told Gulf News.

Winner of the inaugural edition of this tournament, the girl from Hungary also holds the distinction of being the only one to be present at each and every tournament since then.

"This place and this tournament are very special for me and that is why I have returned here every year," Nagy said.

"I have so many fans here that I feel this is my home. So many people know me and I feel famous. And that is why I deliberately chose Dubai as my final tournament before I retire from tennis," she added.

But victory did not come easy for Nagy yesterday. She was down 1-5 in the first set, but the thought of an early departure did not seem to be to her liking. "So I just hung in there and decided to go for everything," Nagy said.

The ploy played in her favour and Nagy levelled at 6-6 before winning the tie-breaker and then the second set and match to set a second round meeting against qualifier Emily Webley-Smith of Great Britain.

"I want to stay focused and take it one match at a time. I have lived too much as a gypsy, wandering from one tournament to another. So now I want to ensure I give myself the best possible farewell," she smiled.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote