TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread)

View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM   #309
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Monica lost to Caroline Wozniacki 6-3 6-3.

But she put up some decent resistance and made it a reasonably competitive match. It certainly could have been worse as Wozniacki has been winning a lot of her matches of late without giving up more than a couple of games. Monica at least was no pushover.

Overall this have been a really good week for Monica and she will rise around ten places in the rankings next week to another career high. Upwards and onwards.

And she and Sorana are still involved in the doubles too. They are now in the semis and will play King and Kudryavtseva for a place in the final. I think they have an excellent chance to win this match.

As of now it is Sorana's 1st Tier II doubles semifinal and Monica's 3rd, all this year. Monica will enter the top 50 in doubles next week too. She is proving to be an outstanding doubles player and I do see her winning a lot of titles as a doubles player in her career.