TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Gajdosova Engaged to Groth

View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 02:07 AM   #13
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Re: Gajdosova facts !

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamman View Post
Like I said its not personal at all , if being engaged makes her happy then fine thats not my business. My point was only tied in to her professional career and why she is struggling as much as she is

With all the help she has got from the AIS and backing I think serious questions should be asked since she been in there program she has gone dramatically backwards ! I am not blaming the program or AIS because she needs to ultimately be responsible but something is seriously not right and as "Harvs" put it she is in a HUGE slump. I do not see things changing either , there is zero evidence of any improvement with her game and in fact her game has declined greatly over the last year.

These are the FACTS - In her last 25 tournaments going all the way back to May last year in Prague , since then she has only ONE time been past the 2nd rd of any main draw of a tournament be it a challenger or WTA tourn.

That is a staggering statistic and for someone of her talent ! In the last year since she reached that quarter final in Prague she has lost 1st rd main draw of tournaments no fewer than 12 times ! lost 7 times in the qualifying ! won 1 lone $25k in Korea ! and lost 5 times in the 2nd rd of a main draw.

I believe personally her struggles are down to several key factors such as motivation, focus, commitment, scheduling, coaching, guidence , decision making. All these vital factors I believe are behind her situation with why she is where she is right now so things need to change fast if she really wants to turn her career around !
She's been battling all year with injuries!!! Thats why she's not been able to perform week in and week out. Give her a break! She basically has no points to defend now for the rest of the year, so her ranking should only improve here on.

I'm afraid I agree with Azza. Her focus is on tennis, she wants as much help from Tennis Australia as possible, and she has had to waste a lot of time and energy trying to fight to represent Australia. You can't tell me the thought of marriage to help a person you love gain citizenship hadn't entered Sam's head before he proposed. I'm positive part of the reason for the 'early' engagement is to gain citizenship. Like with most tennis duos, they will be helping each other and I think you will see both their ranks continue to rise. Sam's certainly has recently but he has been injury free.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote